SONOS PLAY5US1BLK BLACK
GEN 2 PLAY:5 WIRELESS SPEAKER
- Six custom-designed drivers with dedicated amplifiers.
- Trueplay tuning delivers sound that’s true to the music and right for the room.
- Control all your music and streaming services from a single app (on your smartphone, tablet or computer).
- Uses your WiFi. Easy to set up and allows you to expand your system over time.
The ultimate listening experience with the purest, deepest, most vibrant sound.
Hear it just like they played it. Pure and true.
- Six speakers powered by six dedicated digital amplifiersThe PLAY:5 uses six state-of the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with six speakers to deliver great sound to any room. Each instrument, each voice, every detail shines through, pure and precise. With remarkably distinct clarity. And zero audible distortion. Even when you crank it up loud. Really loud.
- Class-D amplifiersState of the art, great sounding amplifiers that are light weight, powerful and very energy-efficient in standby and use.
- TweetersThree tweeters create a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
- Mid-woofersThree dedicated mid-woofers ensure the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, while also delivering a deep, rich bass.
- Stereo PairTurn two PLAY:5s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home TheaterAdd two PLAY:5 speakers to a PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- All-digital sound architectureAll filter settings, active equalization, and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry so there’s absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
- Adjustable bass and treble controlsOptimize sound performance using room-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
- Trueplay tuning.Trueplay measures the acoustics in any room – analyzing things like size, layout and furnishings. Then fine-tunes your PLAY:5 to make the music sound great, no matter where you place your speaker.
Access all your music
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations, free of chargeGet over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts, all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer: browse for stations, or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Endless music from the most popular online music servicesSonos works seamlessly with Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, TuneIn, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, Rdio, Qobuz, Tidal and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Computer-free music playbackGet instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading, or even turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Play the music on your computer in any roomPlay music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes® to MP3.
- Stream music from an iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch®Sonos wirelessly plays your iTunes® music, direct from your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, to any room in your home.
- Play music and audio from a CD or MP3 player, TV and more throughout the homeAn analog audio input lets you connect to an external audio source (such as a CD or MP3 player, TV, DVD, VCR, or radio) and play that music or audio on all Sonos players in the system.
Other cool features
- Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your houseWhen wirelessly connected to a BRIDGE, BOOST or another player, you can use the Ethernet port on the back of your PLAY:5 to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or network hard drive.
- Top-panel controlsThe PLAY:5’s touch interface is a simple, convenient way to control your music right from the speaker. Just tap for volume up/down and swipe for next/previous track.
- Rubber feetPlace the PLAY:5 on any kind of surface in your home without fear of scratches or scrapes.
- Humidity resistantDesigned to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:5 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
Control your Sonos system with your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ device, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad™Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play™.
- Integrated, multi-room controlIf you have multiple music players, you can control what’s playing in any room from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers aren’t tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instantSearch for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in your home.
- Wireless connectivityAndroid devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PCTurn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
Wireless multi-room music with SonosNet
- Built-in wireless capabilityThe PLAY:5 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
- Play a different song in every room, at the same timeTune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
- Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronizationPlay the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
Simple setup and expandable design
- Simple setupNo technical or wireless expertise required. Put a PLAY:5 in any room where you want music and connect it to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Sonos CONTROL. With the touch of a few buttons, you’ll be play music all over the house in minutes.
- Expandable wireless systemExpand your wireless music system room by room. Wirelessly add more PLAY:5s to your house with the press of a single button and enjoy true multi-room music.
Automatic software updates
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for freeThe Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Six Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
Three tweeters create a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
Three dedicated mid-woofers ensure the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, while also delivering a deep, rich bass.
Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
Turn two PLAY:5s into separate left and right channel speakers for an intense stereo listening experience. Place vertically for a deeper, more focused sweet spot, or sideways for wider, more shareable sound coverage.
Add two PLAY:5 speakers to a PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
Note: Apple “Fairplay”, WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple “Fairplay” DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/streaming-music.
Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.7 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
Streaming MP3, WMA
JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
Connect an Apple AirPlay music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express, to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in any or every room of the home.
iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player
Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router.
Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
14 lbs (6.36 kg)
8.03 x 14.33 x 6.06 in. (203 x 364 x 154 mm)
PLAY:5, power cord, Ethernet cable, QuickStart Guide, and Legal/Warranty information
AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, universal input
4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
Touch interface with volume up/down, previous/next track and play/pause.
Light indicates PLAY:5 status.
Two built-in microphones to enable future enhancements of Trueplay tuning. (Microphones are currently non-functional. Users will be alerted when microphones are functional and active.)
Designed to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:5 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
White matte or Black matte enclosure, graphite grille.
Built-in rubber feet
Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
* Internet connection is required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates. (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection is required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.
Note: All specifications are subject to change without notice.